Saturday, December 29, 2007

Grill Break In

Andrew and I assembled the new grill on Christmas day. Picked up tongs after work the next day. Last night we made a Safeway run to get the meat for this weekend (see future post for recipes). Today I bought the LP gas and some apple wood chips.

I'm using the Blue Rhino gas technology mainly because my old friend Judo Dave started this kind of business and it still sounds like a great idea. Instead of taking your LP tank down the the RV/Camping store and having someone fill it you just go down to the neighborhood hardware store and swap the empty for a full tank.

To break in the grill you need something with a lot of fat to get the thing greased up properly. I chose Italian sausage. After lunch I'll start the pulled pork with significant modifications based on my expertise.

No comments: