If you don't get the above reference then maybe this will help.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Wednesday, October 21, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
This is the list of questions I want to ask during my initial interview with potential hip replacement surgeons.
- Can't we do both hips now and get it over with?
- How will my procedure and recovery be typical?
- What is atypical about my case?
- What procedure do you recommend for me? Why not the others?
- How many of these surgeries have you performed? How frequently?
- Should I continue to take baby aspirin daily?
- What medications will be take in preparation for surgery?
- What medications will I be on after surgery? For how long?
- What about Coumadin (warfarin)? Alternatives?
- There may be dental work in my future. When should it be scheduled?
- Is a flu shot recommend?
- Any need to carry an ID card or wear a medical alert bracelet after procedure?
- Airport security and other metal detectors?
- I have a 90 mile freeway commute, how long before that will be safe?
- After full recovery, what physical motions will be forbidden?
- Karate stances and kicks? Jujitsu falls? Yoga "hip opening"? Inversion?
- Prescription for a new bed? Recommendations please.
- If you had my body what would you do? When? What surgeon would you use?