- 3 ears of corn, kernals cut from cob result in about 2-1/4 cups
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablesposoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 avocados cut unto 1/4 inch cubes
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1 jalapeño chile, stem and seeds removed, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh chopped
- Remove corn from the cob while bringing 2 cups of water to a boil. Stir in corn kernals, baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Remove from heat and set aside to steep for 10 minutes.
- Drain corn and let cool (for at least 11 more minutes).
- Whisk the lime juice, oil, honey, and 1/2 teaspoon salt together in a bowl.
- Toast cumin seeds in a dry skillet. Add cumin and cayenne to liquid in the bowl and whisk.
- Add corn, avocados, shallots, jalapeño, and cilantro to the lime juice mixture and toss.
- Let sand for 12 minutes or more before serving. Salt and pepper to taste.
If you have some tasty fresh tomatoes dice a couple of them and add for color. I also tend to add a couple of shakes of hot sauce if I'm not serving it to other people.
Serve with grilled stuff or simply eat using tortilla chips as a spoon.