Friday, December 5, 2008

Jack Palms Shirt on SethHarwood.com

Last spring I think it was, I ordered a Jack Palms shirt with part of the quote from Raymond Chandler's essay The Simple Art of Murder (1944) printed on the back. Pictured is me wearing the shirt at Lake Tahoe North Shore, a hard man for hard times.

Font of the shirt is done in the style of Jack Daniel's whiskey. It reads,

Jack Palms
Palms
No.2
DADDY
California
HARD BOILED
DETECTIVE

On the back of the shirt is the Chandler quote, the same quote I used for my dojo brochure,

Down these mean streets a man must go who is not himself necessarily mean, [who is neither tarnished nor afraid.]

People ask about the Chandler quote and I tell them the Jack Palms story.

This picture is also posted on Seth Harwood's website in the User Images section.

Subscribe to Jack Wakes Up and get down with the action. Or if you don't listen to book tapes, read the hardcopy (first edition sold out, to be republished May 2009).

No comments: