Monday, December 15, 2008

Science inspires weight loss plan

The Scientific American podcast 60-Second Science, Cash Rewards Help Dieters, recently had an article that has inspired me to commit to my own weight loss plan.

Rewards for maintaining a healthy weight.

I may only play video games on days when one or more of the following criteria are met.
  • I maintain my weight from the previous day
  • I weigh less then the previous day
  • I do a cardio workout before play
Rules of game play:
  • Tai Chi practiced
  • Karate katas preformed
  • No food or drink during play (avoid mindless consumption)
  • Pause game when Sharon comes into the room and says the magic word
  • Look at Sharon when the game is paused and she is talking to me
  • Disengage at least once an hour
  • Payment of $10US for every pound of weight reduction is my only source of new games (gifts don't count)
At Sharon's discretion, the above guidelines may be waved for sickness and holidays.

No comments: