Sunday, November 11, 2007

Tooth Care

As part of my personal development a few months ago I improved my dental hygiene routine. Now instead of flossing a couple of times before my dental appointment I am flossing a few times a week.

Years ago I started using a Sonicare electric toothbrush. It is great, it cleans much better than the manual method and improves gum health as well. Not sure why I having been using it but it was last regularly used back in the twentieth century.

On the chance that my reluctance to put this high speed electrical device into my wet mouth might have something to do with that little voice in the back of my head, You should get a new tooth brush every three to four months, I am ordering my first set of replacement brushes.

The only criticism I have for this product is that it is programmed to run for four 30 second intervals, the idea being that each quadrant gets the same treatment. I like this feature very much but you know sometimes you just need to spend a little more time on a particularly gnarly bit of gristle and before you know it it is time to move on. The current model, the Philips Sonicare Elite e9500 Custom Care Power Toothbrush, actually takes this into account by giving the user an optional fifth 30 second set. This is the one to get for the ones you love.

No comments: