We prepared the bread spread Friday evening after work and picked up some fresh french bread at the super market bakery early Saturday morning.
Mix all the ingredients save the bread together in a Tupperware bowl.
- 1 stick of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 head of garlic, break about into cloves skin on, roast on stove top med-high for 10 minutes, cool and remove skin, push through a garlic press
- 1/3 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (more is goood)
- Fresh black pepper
- Italian herbs; oregano, thyme, basil, etc. (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 500° F.
- Cut the loaf in half on the coronal plane.
- Divide the spread mixture in half.
- Smear half the butter spread onto each cut half of bread.
- Bake buttered side up for 6-10 minutes. Remove when edges are browned.
- Cut into about 12 pieces.
- Eat it while it is hot.