Sunday, November 29, 2009

Pinwheel Star, getting started

As I plan for my hip replacement surgery I am once again thinking of quilting. It must be because I will have time available that is currently scheduled for work, commuting and karate.

I want to do some complex creative project that require additional quilting skills. To the end of having a full set of tools I will be doing small project each focusing on developing my skills.

Started by checking out a bunch of books from the library and looking through them. I've already blogged about Michael James, that is the kind of stuff I want to do artistically. The book that grabbed me for learning technique is Teach Yourself Visually Quilting (2008) by Sonja Hakala. I have learn stuff and remembered other things, nice to see that my quilt teachers passed along a lot of solid tips (include in this book).

In order to learn to sew triangles with sharp points I will be doing the Pinwheel Star Quilt Project on page 128. This finished quilt picture is from the book. Below are the fabrics that I picked for my project.

Picked out the fabric today. This quilt will be machine quilted and bound.

No comments: